Many people are unaware that one of the reasons some sales teams are under-performing is that they use analytics 3 times less than successful teams. This statistic alone should be enough to convince anyone to begin using data more efficiently. However, this doesn’t always happen.
Data appears to be given the back seat in some less-effective sales teams. However, data is crucial in enhancing the efficiency of your team. The only challenge to implementing data-driven strategies is that it is a gradual process.
You will have to develop a sales team that is data-driven from scratch.
BUILDING THE PERFECT DATA-DRIVEN SALES TEAM
You will be required to tick a few boxes if you intend to build an effective data-driven team. The truth is that this process is not as easy as it looks. However, will be worth every sacrifice and investment.
Here are 6 steps to help you build a sales team that is data-driven:
- CARRY EVERYONE ALONG: Although this point seems obvious, the first step to building a successful data-driven sales team is ensuring that everybody on your team is on board. You should start by painting the big picture and then break it down into achievable action plans. Emphasize your overall business objectives and the role of your sales team in reaching those objectives. Develop measures to check that your team is on track. Conduct corporate training programs that will broaden their knowledge on the field. Once you are carrying your team along and everyone feels they are a part of the vision, you can discuss the data required to get you there. Visit tropare.com to learn more.
- REVIEW YOUR COMPANY’S SALES PROCESS: This involves modifying your sales strategies to seamlessly fit into your sales objectives. Gradually implement these changes and monitor them closely as you do so. Make sure that your team feels free to contribute and be willing to modify your strategies if the need arises.
- DON’T OVERLOOK CURRENT DATA: While you may be considering getting additional data, you should have your team check your present data. Let them decide which data is an asset. You may be shocked that you’ve been sitting on a goldmine all along.
- EVALUATE YOUR PRESENT DATA QUALITY: As your team evaluates your data, you will discover some of them are not fighting for your company. You may also find out that some data is not accurate. This bad data can dampen your sales growth if not identified and removed. Check your data records for the last time they were updated, any omitted contact info and correct any errors immediately.
- EMPLOY AN AUTOMATION SYSTEM: Help your sales team concentrate on selling your services or goods by employing automated strategies. This involves automating simple tasks like data entry, etc. Make sure you use an appropriate tool in your automation process.
- EVALUATE YOUR CONVERSION RATE: Now that you have implemented new sales strategies, you need to evaluate the conversion rate of the strategies implemented. Do not be afraid to modify any sales process that is slowing you down.
Although developing a sales team that is data-driven requires time and the steps provided above, the benefits are amazing and worth the investment.