To make your grand opening successful:
- schedule it during high-traffic times (if your location allows for it),
- throw a big grand opening sale,
- offer food (make this appropriate to the clientele you are seeking),
- provide a tent for seating outside,
- send a direct or email mailing the local market,
- offer demonstrations of products or services, and
- invite all local business owners, press, and the local chamber of commerce for the ribbon-cutting.
Variation: Already been in business a while? Find anything to celebrate! Maybe you throw a party over being in business so many years. Or maybe you had a recent birth in the family. Or maybe you want to celebrate a key vendor or client. There are plenty of reasons to celebrate. Pick one and show people a great time.