Having a home based business sounds great. In theory, it is wonderful to stay home, raise your children, and also support them with your business. However, it can be very challenging. Many people struggle to find a balance between work and family (whether they own a home business or not). Because you are your own boss, you may not have deadlines to keep you going. It can be difficult to find time to work and grow your business. You need to be motivated to be successful.
Here are some tips to keep you motivated in your business.
- Set a goal and stick to it. You can make a goal based on how much time you want to devote to your business. You might want to decide how much money you want to make each week. No matter how you define your goal, once you decide, be sure to work toward it.
- Get dressed every day. Part of the reason that home based businesses are so popular is because you can work at home in your pajamas. However, many people are not as productive unless they get dressed and ready for each day.
- Find out when you work best, whether it is morning, afternoon, or evening. Many people have a time when they are most productive.
- Use that time wisely. Set a schedule and be sure to follow it. Work when you say that you are going to work.
- Sometimes, it can be helpful to think about how far you have come with your business. Maybe you started with nothing. Maybe you have paid off some of your bills with the money. Did you have enough to pay for a special family outing? This may motivate you enough to keep going.
It can be very difficult to be motivated when you are your own boss. Many days, you won’t feel like working and there is no one there to make you. It helps to see how far you have come in your business and set goals so that you have something to look forward to. Many people do better if they get dressed every day. You should also pick a time to work and stick to it.
Contact us for more help with your home based business.
About Matt Schoenherr
Matt is a husband, father of four, marketing consultant and founder of Marketing Ideas 101. As a student, teacher and published author, Matt supports the worthy goals of service and commerce in the small business and nonprofit communities. You may find him on Google+, Twitter and Facebook. Creative marketing ideas and marketing strategies may be found at MarketingIdeas101.com.